Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day Fourteen


Day Fourteen

Word Count: 1280

Fave Line of the Day:

Old men making digs at each other about their gammy legs, false teeth, nagging wives, crushes on celebrities, all trying to make the others look foolish in front of the token lass. And the intelligent young woman laughs at their jokes, smiles sweetly, gets up to dish out gourmet deserts, then stuns them when she lays her winning hand on the table time and time again.

Total Thus Far: 13298

This arvo while all my boys were outside in the garden, I decided to treat myself to a movie. While shaping meatballs and then folding washing I watched an old favourite of mine - 'How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days.' I was watching and thinking about something Anne McAllister said on her blog recently about the 'Fun and Games' in the middle of a book. It reminded me that sometimes watching a great romance on film is just as good for analysing how a great story should piece together! Yay... for watching movies!


5 comments:

Janette Radevski said...

As I said on facebook - love that movie, and surprisingly dh thinks it's Ok... that was how i conned him into taking me to see ghost of girlfreind's past, i said it was a bit like it.

BTW - love your word count.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay with the word counts! I haven't seen that movie but I did watch The Duchess over the weekend. Don't watch it if you're expecting romance though! It's a HEA-free zone. Sniff.

Janette Radevski said...

Just watching TV (whilst I should be writing) and saw a preview for the time traveller's wife; it looks really good, a sure tearjerker and possibly HEA....

Rachael Johns said...

Ooh you guys are making me wanna go watch movies when I too have a few boyfree moments and should be writing.

Janette have you read The Time Traveller's Wife? It's AWESOME!!!

Lacey Devlin said...

Looove that movie. Can't get enough of it! Just as well Jax warned me I've been eyeing the Duchess and if I don't get my HEA I get cranky!