Monday, June 8, 2009

Day Eight and a bundle of books...


Day Eight

Word Count: 892

Fave lines of the day: 
The question sounded like one of those lethal 'do-I-look-fat-in-this?' queries. He got the feeling if he cited her biological make-up, she'd pick up one of the many colorful umbrellas hanging on hooks in the hallway and whack him fair over the head.

Total Word Count Thus Far: 8626

Highlight of the day:
The post lady dumping two packages of books in my letter
box. The prize I won over at Lynn Raye Harris' blog arrived - her debut book and two books by other hawt Presents authors. Will do a post about Lynn's book once I've read it - no spoilers - cos
 it's exciting to have followed this project from Lynn's win in the Instant Seduction contest to the publication of her first book. And in another wonderful yellow envelope was a book from the lovely Anne McAllister! I seriously thought about ditching my plans of writing anything much this week and curling up with these babies, but have decided to make them reward books instead. 




6 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Ooh, you're a stronger woman than me. I would probably have curled up with the books and damn the ms! Do let us know what you think of them.

Anne McAllister said...

Rach,
Glad the book finally arrived. I was beginning to think it had swum all the way.

Enjoy (I hope)!

Anne

Rachael Johns said...

Sorry Anne - meant to email and say thanks but LIFE has been CRAZY, CRAZY! No excuse for rudeness though!! Thanks so much!

Janette Radevski said...

New books? It's like hitting the jackpot.

Remember how i said in my post that when i used to shop with my mum i would head straight for the books? Well mum took my 3 year old shopping this morning and guess what? She made a beeline for the books - mum said it was deja vu...

Great word count by the way...

Lacey Devlin said...

Ooo I am so jealous!! All books that I want! Now! Did I mention I'm impatient?

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Hi, Rach! So glad the book arrived. :) Hope you enjoy!!