Friday, March 16, 2012

Hollywood Highight

Before I share my exciting news for the week (which most of you have probably already seen on Twitter or Facebook), I want to congratulate KEZ who won the Helen Warner book contest that I ran on my blog this week. Kez, please email your snail mail details to Rachaeljohns077 at gmail dot com and I'll pop your fabulous prize in the post.

Now... my GOOD (no fabulous) news is that I've sold another book to Carina Press. HOLLYWOOD HEARTBREAK (which will probably get a brand new title soon) will be an early 2013 release and I'm ecstatic about it.



I LOVE this book (probably cos it's now finished, sold and only with edits to go) and I'm so excited that actual people (hopefully YOU) are going to be able to read it. This book also happened to be my entry into the 2010 Mills & Boon New Voices contest, in which my good friend Leah Ashton WON!!! I got some great feedback on this chap (which was then titled ONE ROGUE, ONE DAMSEL) and a special endorsement by Heidi Rice on her blog when she mentioned it as one of her favourite entries. THAT made not winning a lot sweeter, as does the fact I'm now sold this book to Carina Press who have been very good to me and very professional to work with so far.

HOLLYWOOD HEARTBREAKis about Holly McCartney, an Australian cultural anthropologist who steps out of her comfort zone to head to Hollywood when her sister is nominated for a post-humus Academy Award. There was no love lost between the sisters and when Holly is terrorized by the paparazzi and her sister’s best friend (an ex paparazzo) rescues her there’s no love lost there either. But there is attraction...

My editor, the brilliant Charlotte Herscher said about this book -  love the Hollywood setting, all the glitz and the glam and how Holly is a fish out of water in L.A. In contrast, the romance is down to earth, warm and sexy, and hits just the right note. 


I'm really looking forward to revisiting this story in the edits, getting exact release dates, reading the blurb and of course seeing what the Carina Press team comes up with for a cover.

Thanks for letting me share my good news... anyone else got some they'd like to share.  

9 comments:

test said...

Woo hoo! Congrats Rach. Did you visit Hollywood for research?

Rachael Johns said...

LOL Coleen - I WISH! Alas, unfortunately all this research was conducted via Google. Hopefully it sounds authentic and I haven't made too many mistakes though!

AJ Blythe said...

Yay, Rach. Awesome news :)

Kez said...

Congrats Rach - very exciting! And thanks for the giveaway - have emailed you :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Congratulations Rach. You are firing along. It's such good news. All the best,

Suz :)

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay, Rach! That is such an awesome story! I always knew it would get somewhere... :-)

Joanne Dannon said...

Rach - that is such wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!

It's a fab story and I'm thrilled it's going to be published :)

Well done!!!!!

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Anita :)

Yay - Kez - look out for the book in the post :)

Thanks Suz - sometimes I have to pinch myself. STILL doesn't feel real!

Aw Jackie - thanks so much for your support. Always. Same to you Joanne - I have such awesome writing buddies. xo

Shelleyrae said...

Congrats Rachael!