Saturday, March 10, 2012

Help me write a tagline! Pretty please?

The past week or so I've been working with brilliant and bubbly Desire author Paula Roe (who is also a fabulous website designer) to create my new website. I hope to launch this fabulous new look on April 1st, exactly one year after I got The Call Email from Carina Press.

Everything is going splendidly - I love the look, the colours, the feel - but I can't for the life of me come up with a catchy TAGLINE for my writing.

I've looked at other author's taglines and so far my favourite has to be fellow Carina Press author Shelli Steven's brilliant - I'm The Author Your Mother Warned You About!! It's classic, isn't it?

I think part of my problem is that although I write contemporary romance and I believe my voice is the same across all my novels, I currently write two different kinds of romance for two publishers. My Carina Press novel is urban and sexy. My Mira Australia novel is rural and not quite as sexy :) I want to convey both these styles in my tagline.

Here's what I've come up with so far, some with the help of two awesome friends. I'd love your thoughts on which ones are catchy, make you want to read my books and best convey the two styles. Or, if you have a brilliant tagline you'd like to throw into the pot, please do.

Romance – Rural To Urban & Everything In Between

Read Hard, Write Hard, Love Hard!

Rural or Urban, There’s Always Romance

Romance Makes The Read Worthwhile

Romance – Red Dust to Big Smoke

Sex in the City, Love on the Land

Small towns, big cities, larger than life romance!

Contemporary Romance from the City to the Sticks

Rural Romance Meets Urban Passion

Romantic Women’s Fiction

Small-town Sizzle, Big-city Passion

PLEASE cast your vote!

19 comments:

Sami Lee said...

I like "Romance – Red Dust to Big Smoke" :)

Sue Child said...

Small Town Smoulder...Big City Seduction ?

Sue

Christi said...

I like Sue's...
smiles!

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Sami - I really like that one too.

Ooh Sue - that's a good one too! Argh, how am I supposed to chose?

Thanks heaps for your vote Christi :)

Rachael Johns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel Teshco said...

I like: Sex in the City, Love on the Land.
And my 2nd vote is the Red Dust to Big Smoke.
And...
Affairs of the Heart, Rural and Urban and everything between.

Sally Clements said...

I like... Romance – Red Dust to Big Smoke
how about a slight modification to Sue's fab one...
Small town smoulder...big city heat?

Sue Child said...

Oooh I like city heat, Sally!

What about Rural (something)...City Heat.

Or Rural Heat...City Chic (although chic isn't conveying passion).

Can you tell I'm meant to be writing... :)

Sue

Joanne Dannon said...

"Romance – Rural To Urban & Everything In Between" gets my vote :)

Good luck with choosing your tagline. I can't wait to see your new website, I'm sure it'll be fabulous!

Jenn J McLeod said...

I reckon the more yu have to dwell on it, the less right they are. When you have it you'll know it. When i had a list a mile long, I picked my top 6 and stuck them up on a wall. I passed them throughout the day, saying them aloud and to myself. Then somehow they mixed themselves up and I came up with one I really liked. But don't get too attached. I'm onto my 3rd tagline now - so it will elvolve as you do. Roll with it. But if I had to bick one now - Sex in the City ...... or Sue's smouldering one

Anonymous said...

I like Contemporary romance from the city to the sticks...
but that's not helpful.. everyone's voting for something different!
x

test said...

I like Sally Clements small town smoulder, big city heat!

Lacey Devlin said...

My fav is:
Sex in the City, Love on the Land :)

Rachael Johns said...

ARGH - thank you everyone! Now I'm more confused than ever. I keep changing my mind depending on what you gals like :)

Jackie Ashenden said...

I'm going to be really annoying and say I like the Red Dust one. But then I love Sue's too!

RLA said...

Oh, wow what a difficult thing to decide!

I quite like "Contemporary Romance from the City to the Sticks"

hmmm, there are a lot good ones though!

I have been no help, sorry ;-)

Good luck!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Hmm....I like
Small-town Sizzle, Big-city Passion

I know taglines are TOUGH.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

I like that Small Town Sizzle, Big City Passion. That is catchy Rach. :)

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Jackie - I liked Red Dust to Big Smoke for a few reasons but have chosen another in the end :(

RLA - I think you might like my final tagline then :)

Thanks Jennifer - ANOTHER fab one to add to the list and good to know you like it too Suz!

Thanks EVERYONE - am so lucky to have you all to bounce these ideas off. You all ROCK!