Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pain in the butt? And #30kinSept check-in.

You've all heard the expression PAIN IN THE BUTT, right? Well, that's exactly what I have now after having minor surgery on Friday.

Choosing September to do a writing challenge when I knew I was going to have an operation was perhaps not the most sensible idea I've ever had.

Thursday - prepping household for trip to Perth and then going to Perth = no words
Friday - op day, which included me puking lots after general anasthetic = no words
Saturday and Sunday - can only stand or lie on my side due to pain = no words

Am hoping to be back on track tomorrow but this four days without any words has put me seriously behind where I wanted to be by now.

My total for September at Day 18 is 13840 words. Hoping to seriously catch up this week.

How are all you doing??

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachael

Your health is worth so much more than words on the page.

Take care of yourself post op, the words will come when you feel more robust and in a better frame of mind and the memory of your present discomfort will surely authenticity to many future scenes.

My commiserations.

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Shirley - I know your wise words are right! x

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Rach.

Your words will flow when the time is ready. Wait and see. And how many times am I right. Eh??? Mark my words/emails. Cool. :)

Helene Young said...

Ouch!

Enjoy some 'dreaming time' without pressure, Rach. The story will still be there on Oct 1st!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hope you're doing better Rach. I've been keeping my head down and have hit 25,000. But don't be dismayed - beause I don't claim that they are GOOD words. I've done some editing along the way, but thought I would prefer to wait until the end. I will meet this deadline for the end of September...

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Suz - I know you're right :) Always! lol

Helene - "dreaming time" I like that!

Scarlet - I'm sure there's more good in those 25k than you think!

test said...

Get well soon, Rachael. Sounds like you've had a 'bummer' of a weekend.

Rachael Johns said...

LOL Coleen!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Go, Rach, Go!!! (and big hugs on the op).

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks m'dear Jackie :)

Lacey Devlin said...

Bad anaesthetic :-( I hope you're feeling better, Rach. I also hope you've got one of those donut cushions handy.

Becca said...

OUCH!!
You seem to have hit a rich vein of words now. you'll make it up!!