Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Top Ten


1) I Have A Bed Made Of Buttermilk Pancakes; Jaclyn Moriarty.
2) Three Wishes; Lianne Moriarty. 
3) The Time Traveller's Wife; Audrey Niffeneger.
4) Bridget Jones Diary; Helen Fielding.
5) My Best Friend's Girl; Dorothy Koomson.
6) Bridget Jones's Diary; Helen Fielding.
7) Carole
 Kind Is An Alien; Yasmin Boland.
8) The Secret History; Donna Tartt.
9) A Long Way Down; Nick Hornby.
10) This Is How It Happened; Jo Barrett.

These  are my top ten Single Title reads (modern ones, not classics, which would be a whole other post) in no particular order - I think. I can't actually find the list I made a long time ago and know that I've recently added number five and number ten so the old numbers five and ten are missing, but scanning my shelves I can't work out what it was!! 

There are so many good books out there, there's not enough time to read them all... so I thought I'd offer you guys a few titles that I really, really enjoyed! And would love for you to do the same... what are your Top Ten??

Newsflash - I'm up to 47k words on WWMM and am hoping I'm on the right track!!

2 comments:

Lucy King said...

I have (and often reread) all the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella. Love 'em. And anything by Jill Mansell would make my Top Ten. Oh, and Lazy Ways to Make a Living by Abigail Bosanko.

Lots more but that would involve raking through my shelves which would inevitably lead to reading, and I'm supposed to be writing...

(Veeeeerrrry envious of your 47k words.)

Cathryn Hein said...

Argh, if i wasn't so busy I'd give this some serious thought and come up with a proper list, but I can tell you right now that somewhere on it would be Paullina Simons' Tully, Iain Pears' The Dream of Scipio...ummm....Alice Seabold's The Lovely Bones....ummm....Laurie Graham's The Dress Circle, probably the entire Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough...Tim Winton's Dirt Music.....

Gawd, there's too many to choose from, and I've read so many brilliant books this year that right now I can only think of them. But I know somewhere under the piles and piles of books I have, there are a heap of absolute favourites whose titles, right now, I can't recall.

Might have to think on this for a while. Good topic, Rach.