Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How To Choose Your Next Project!

Does anyone write two books at the same time? I'm sure I've read that author Ally Blake does this and I'm also sure she's not the only one.

I couldn't help myself and started writing again even though I was supposed to be having November off to read and relax. My problem is, I'm not 100% sure which idea to write next.

I have a single title Aussie contemporary idea and I also have a shorter romance idea in my Hollywood series. Now it may be a while before I hear back from my editor at Carina about the first Hollywood book, but I love the second idea.

So how do I choose which one to write? Do I write both and hope that at least one is speaking to me whenever I sit down to write?

So far this is what I've been doing and I'm having a lot of fun with them both.

How do you choose which book you are going to write next?

PS. Another review that has left me grinning from ear to ear - check it out here.

3 comments:

Shona Husk said...

At the moment what I work on next is kind of governed by deadlines. I’ve been working on my next novel and a novella between edits, simply because I needed to write something fresh instead of just editing, but I also know I need to finish the last Lucinda’s Lover novella for my editor at EC, and I'm sure my ed at Carina would like that other fantasy I've been working on. So back to the edits I go...

If you want to get stuck into something fresh go with your heart—plus because it’s shorter you’ll be finished sooner and you can then pay attention to the other one :)

Congrats on the great reviews!

Ally Blake said...

I used to always write two books at once, that way when one sold I was 10k into the next. It was awesome! Then came kids ;).

That said, I'm writing two at the moment for the first time in yonks and am writing like the wind!

How's it working for you?

Vehicle Tracking System said...

Nice Post!
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracking System In India